Friday, February 4

Special Touches

So before Tulsa was shut down by the blizzard I invited friends over for Saturday evening. Being unable to make it into the office this week I've had some time for a few projects on my list.

Check out my new centerpiece:


I bought the tray for $10 at TJ Maxx. Originally I meant for it to be in the bathroom, but it didn't fit the space. The stones and candles were items I already had around the house.

I also have been working on the binding for a quilt I began piecing THREE years ago. I finished the piecing and added the backing a long time ago, but the binding and some detail work needed to be done before it is finished.


I also filed a huge stack of papers that I just hadn't had the time to organize and add to the filing cabinet. As a bonus I found the missing key card to my office. Hurray for not needing to pay for the new card!

Of course I've also been taking care of chores like sweeping, dishes and laundry. And getting some stuff done for work. I'm glad I had the foresight to bring stuff home to work on, plus I'm able to remote into my work computer to grab files or emails I might need. I was hoping to be able to drive to work by Monday, but now it's snowing buckets again. And I hear through the grapevine that we're expecting even more Sunday night or Monday and again Wednesday/Thursday.

On the plus side I now have icicles hanging from my roof, that means that the snow started to melt at some point. Right?

2 comments:

  1. You quilt?? I knew I liked you for a good reason, even if I couldn't put my finger on it at the time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tasha! I've been quilting since high school (my great-grandma taught me), but I haven't had a lot of time for it in the past year. That was one benefit to being snowed in, I almost finished one of my quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...