Friday, June 10

Ant Update

Well, if you saw my post about Creepy Crawlies a while back you may be wondering what my status is. Is the house even habitable? Well, the short answer is yes. But continue reading for details on the battle.

Mother Nature Pest Control came out to spray for ants in March. Ever since then I have noticed fewer and fewer bugs inside. Unfortunately, the irritating little buggers that stayed moved into the kitchen. Despite attempts to keep everything out of reach (dirty dishes in the dishwasher, food properly sealed, etc.) I couldn't stem the problem. Even your average ant trap didn't seem to be doing much, so this week I had Mother Nature come spray again. I've already noticed a difference.

I'm convinced that part of my problem was that the initial spray was in the middle of the rainiest season here in Oklahoma. Now that we've moved to the hot and sunny weather that should last through August I'm hoping the spray will be more effective. I've already noticed a decline in the number of pests this week.

I'm not sure what caused the ants to move inside this year when I've never had trouble before, but I guess I should count my blessings that it isn't something that does more damage.

Now if I could only figure out how to stem the mosquito problem that comes from the neighbor's swampy pool...
Notice to the right of the ugly shed the swamp-like pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...